NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR TEACHER EDUCATION
New Delhi- 110 002, the 22nd January, 1996
[Published in the Gazette of India Part III —Section 4 on April 13, 1996]
No. F. 28-14/95 NCTE- in exercise of the powers conferred under sub-section (1) and clause (l) & (m) of sub-section (2) of Section 32 of National Council for Teacher Education Act read with clause (c) of sub-section (3) and sub-section (5) of section 20 of National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993 (No. 73 to 1993), National Council for Teacher Education here-by makes the following regulation namely :-
1. Short Title and Commencement
(1) These regulations may be called the “National Council for Teacher Education (number of persons to be nominated to Regional Committee, their term of office and allowance payable) Regulations, 1995”.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
In these regulations unless the context otherwise requires._
(i) “Act” means National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993 (No. 73 to 1993).
(ii) All other terms shall have the same meaning as contained in Section 2 of the Act.
3. Number of person
Six persons having special knowledge and experience in matters relating to teacher education shall be nominated to each of the Regional Committee by Chairperson of the Council.
4. Term of Office
The term of office of persons nominated to the Regional Committee as members under Regulation 3 above shall be two years from the date of their nomination or till fresh appointments are made, whichever is later.
5. Allowance Payable
(1) Travelling and daily allowance shall be paid to such person, who are nominated as member of the Regional Committee for attending the meeting of the Regional Committee as may be decided by the Council from time to time.
(2) In addition to the travelling and daily allowance payable under sub-regulation (1) above, the nominated members shall also be paid honorarium as may be decided by the Council from time to time for the number of days the member actually attends the meeting.
National Council for Teacher Education